I am a freelance writer and an expert contributor and featured blogger for a number of websites, exploring an array of topics related to stress management, mindfulness and dialectical behavior therapy.
Do you have writing needs?
- Need to provide others with information and tips for healthy living and well-being in a newsletter, blog or website?
- Want to bring meaning and cohesiveness to the information your provide about healthy living to your newspaper, magazine or blog?
- Are you struggling with finding the time or enough content for a blog? I can provide blog posts and guest articles.
- Feeling as if your there is a disconnect between your content and your readers?
- Need someone to proofread and edit scholarly material to ensure it’s ready for publication?
I would love to hear from you. For rates, to discuss a project or to hire me, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some recent writing samples
Why the Mindfulness Zeitgeist? Medical Daily
3 Steps to Reduce Parental Reactivity Ladies Home Journal
Signs of Aggressive Behavior eHow.com
Mindfulness in the Workplace SelfGrowth.com
Dialectical Behavior Therapy in the Treatment of Adult ADHDPsychcentral.com
Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Depression in Older AdultsPsychcentral.com
DBT for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities: A Program Description Mental Health Aspects of Developmental Disabilities
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
For practitioners new to DBT and experienced practitioners who’ve been implementing DBT for awhile. Consultation is designed to increase proficiency in DBT and maintain adherence to the model. Individual and small group consultation services are available on a one-time only, on-going, or as needed basis. Consultation helps with team development, building on therapist knowledge and skill, continued program development and evaluation, case consultation and DBT adherence. Consultation packages can be structured to include a combination of one-on-one, group, phone and/or email. Fees on request.
Contact email@example.com or call to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation to assess your training and consultation needs.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Introduction and Overview
For clinicians interested in learning more about Dialectical Behavior Therapy. A one day training includes an overview of the theory, stages of treatment and targets, modes of treatment, and each of the four skills modules Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training
For practitioners interested in starting DBT Skills Groups. This training series is designed as an introduction to DBT and DBT skills. A brief introduction to DBT theory is followed by an in-depth overview of each of the 4 skills modules: Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
Adaptations to DBT
For the practitioner who has some knowledge of DBT and wishes to apply it to their specific population. Residential Application of DBT, Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Adolescents or DBT for Parents, as well as others. These workshops provide an overview of DBT with an review of adaptations that have been made to the treatment for different populations and settings.
Personalized DBT Programs for groups or corporations
Mindfulness- the practice of focusing on just one thing, means to simply experience the moment while excluding worries, self-doubts, and distractions.
Mindfulness in the Workplace
This hands on experiential training introduces participants to principles of mindfulness, guides participants through a series of mindfulness activities and explores how to bring mindfulness into daily life and the workplace. In a work environment rife with competing demands, pressure and rapid change, mindfulness practice can help workers improve focus, reduce stress levels, and move beyond automatic and habitual ways of seeing the world to open up to new ways of thinking and innovating.
Mindfulness for Practitioners
This training is designed for practitioners looking to incorporate mindfulness practice into their work. Based on mindfulness skills as taught in dialectical behavior therapy, this training teaches the 6 elements of mindful practice and the concept of “wise mind.” It leads practitioners through a series of mindfulness exercises and teaches how to create and lead a mindfulness exercise.
Mindfulness for Stress Management
This participatory training is designed for individuals who feel they would benefit from an improved sense of well-being and an increased ability to concentrate and manage stress. People who practice mindfulness are able to calm themselves more easily in stressful situations. This training includes the practice of an array of mindfulness exercises, as well as discussion of how to incorporate the practice into daily life.
If you are interested in bringing a Mindfulness workshop to your organization, please contact Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stress Reduction Trainings include the following topics:
Managing Your Emotions
Difficulty regulating painful emotions is often central to life problems. Emotion regulation skills include learning to identify and label current emotions, identifying obstacles to changing emotions, reducing emotional reactivity, increasing positive emotions, and changing emotions.
Dealing with Pain that is Unavoidable
Learn skills to deal with the pain and distress that are a part of life. These skills focus on how to accept the current situation and find ways to survive and tolerate the moment. Four sets of crisis survival skills are taught, including: distracting, self-soothing, improving the moment, and thinking of pros and cons.
Do you have difiiculty asking for what you want and need? Are your relationships full of conflict? Do you feel frustrated at work? Assertiveness skills help you can make a change for the better by asserting your wishes clearly and convincingly while maintaining strong relationships. The skills include effective strategies for obtaining changes one wants, maintaining relationships, and maintaining your self respect. In this module group members learn to analyze a situation and to determine interpersonal goals.
Below are some of the presentation topics available. Each program can be customized. To inquire about more programs or Christy Matta’s availability for a keynote speech, breakout session, or panel, please inquire at email@example.com.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Introduction and Overview
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training
- Mindfulness Skills
- Mindfulness in the Workplace
- Mindfulness vs. Multitasking: the Impact on your Stress
- Residential Application of DBT
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Adolescents
- Stress Reduction and Mindfulness
I have conducted trainings and presentations for the following organizations:
- Poster Presentation: “Grove Street Adolescent Residence, Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program.” 9th Annual ISITDBT Conference, Hilton New Orleans Riverside, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- “The Application of Dialectical Behavior Therapies (DBT) for Individuals with a Dual Diagnosis.” International NADD Congress V. Boston, Massachusetts.
- “The Use of DBT in a Community Residential Program for Adolescents.” 8th Annual ISITDBT Conference. Boston Marriot Copley Plaza, Boston, Massachusetts.
- “DBT: Introduction, Overview, and Validation Strategies,” Seven Hills Foundation, Worcester, Massachusetts.
- “Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): An Introduction and Overview,” The George B. Wells Human Services Center, Southbridge, Massachusetts.
- “Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Introduction and Overview,” Brockton Area Multi Service Inc., Brockton, Massachusetts.
- “Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Overview and Skills Training” Brockton Area Multi Services Inc., Brockton, Massachusetts.
- “Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Implications for School Systems,” Worcester, Massachusetts.
- “An Introduction to Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Individuals Served by DMR”, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.
- “Residential Application of DBT”, Dialectical Behavior Therapy Possibilities for Public Sector Clients and Providers, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.