Focusing on breathing can be helpful when you’re overwhelmed or your mind is wandering. You don’t have to do it for a long time. All you have to do is tune into your breathing as it comes into your body and leaves your body.
counting your breath.
- get settled in a comfortable position
- focus attention on breath
- inhale, filling lungs
- exhale-count on each exhale from one to ten. For example: Inhale, Exhale, “one,” Inhale, exhale, “two” inhale, exhale “three” up to ten.
- When you reach 10 start over at 1
- if you lose count at any time, start over at 1